About Gails Floral Studio Limited
Gail Jones combines a strong business sense for the magic mix that makes her a success.
Over 30 years in business have culminated in the success Gail enjoys today, both locally, nationally and internationally.
Gail's Floral Studio opened in 1963 serving the greater Waikato region with design flower service.
Be inspired - visit our studio in Worley Place, Hamilton.
Impressive milestones are many in Gail Jones's career, including
- Serving on the education committee in the Interflora Pacific Unit
- Past president of the New Zealand Society of Professional Florists and a member of the examining board.
- Gail's talents have traveled to Hong Kong, Nice, exhibited and designed at the Hamburg Exhibition on behalf of Interflora and won second place at the Interflora World Cup 1977.
- Invited to Kansas City, USA in 1984, Gail gained membership of A.I.F.D, going on to design for S.A.F Washington convention, and gaining Professional floral Commentators' Institute credentials.
- Traveling to Holland in 1986, Gail attended "Masters' School" in Maastricht for 16 days with Cors Veldhus
- In 1987 she was invited to Australia to run a school for Interflora Australian Unit judges, updating modern marketing techniques and design.
From these years of experience and skill came the creation of Gail's 15-acre Tamahere property in 1981.
The prime object of the property is to grow, dry, market and export dried flowers. Drying facilities include heat-freeze drying to give a wider range of product, and color coordination.
Walkways, gardens, pools and a purpose-build restaurant and function centre catering for wedding, tours and functions, together with the historical church buildings that Gail had moved to the property, have made Tamahere a major tourist attraction in the Waikato.
The Church, built in the 1860s, has been lovingly restored for use in displaying and storing bunches of dried flowers.
Past president of the Waikato Chamber of Commerce and firmly committed to the Waikato, Gail Jones sees a booming future for the region.
She calls Hamilton the hub of industry for the Waikato, and she's positive that working in the area is a pleasure, not a chore, thanks to the life-style opportunities.
Gail's of Tamahere
Functions & Events Facilities, Wedding Facilities, Waikato
Gails of Tamahere wedding and functions venue is situated in Hamilton, Waikato, NZ. People are overwhelmed at the sight of the historical church, garden and restaurant. It is easy to visualise their special day being held here.
Owner, planner and International designer Gail Jones and staff can help you plan your special wedding or function from start to finish.
You do not have to leave for photographs as throughout our 15 acres you can find that special spot for that wonderful vision.
The restaurant seats up to 200 people, but for those smaller weddings we can make the venue feel intimate.
Our wonderful historical church offers a special blessing to those about to share their hopes and dreams together.